Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Behind the scenes with Torchwood

I'm a geek.

A hopeless, truly nerdy geek.

Don't believe me? Read on.

Torchwood is being filmed in the same block I'm working in. Torchwood is one of my top five all-time favorite TV shows (also in the list: Xena, The Office- U.S. style, Family Guy, Army Wives). I have seen every episode of Torchwood, which is not an easy feat for someone living in the U.S.

I have drooled over John Barrowman and nearly fainted over Eve Myles.

I threw popcorn at the TV when Eve's character Gwen had an affair with Owen. I cried when Owen and Toshika died (for Owen, that would be double the tears).

See, nerd.

And for the past few days, I've been creepily hovering around the filming. I snapped pictures of Ms. Myles and Gareth David-Lloyd (Ianto), and strained my ears to hear them speak.
Ms. Myles is more gorgeous and entertaining in person than on screen (and, believe me, she is tres gorgeous and entertaining on screen). She laughed as her make-up assistant dusted her "bum", as she said while dancing a teasing little dance for the crowd. At the opening of her scene, when she lay on the ground, she kicked her legs up and down, laughing wildly.

Truly a crowd pleaser.

And I'm part of the crowd!

No comments: